Boat junkyard on Tjurkö
“The Boatjunkyard” on Tjurkö is well worth a visit, both for the nostalgic and the romantic .
“Trossö” the boat above was built around 1923 by Bergsunds Mechanical Workshop in Stockholm. The boat was delivered to Karlskrona AB Ångslups the same year and was running until 1941 when it was sold back to Stockholm (apparently VITSA Märsgarn in the Stockholm archipelago) and lie there for about 20 years. After long and faithful service the boat returned to the archipelago of Karlskrona in 1962 and had the route Karlskrona (wharf) – Tjurkö – Sturkö. Sometime in the 60´s she was placed here on Tjurkö to rest.
There are some smaller boats here too….
The whole island and its archipelago is amazing
And a BW study
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day !